A death certificate reported the passing of Charles Bruce Sharp in Swan Township, Taney County, Missouri on 18 November 1935. Information on the certificate was supplied by Bertie Sharp, Charles's wife, and Guy B. Mitchell, M.D., the attending physician. An image of the certificate and commentary follow:
Dr. Mitchell had diagnosed Charles's illness as "uremic poisoning" on 5 October 1935 and had last examined him on 17 November 1935. He also considered "chronic interstitial nephritis and arteria sclerosis" contributory causes of his condition.
Bertie Sharp supplied the death certificate's personal information about Charles:
- Place of Death: [city appears to be erased], Swan Township, Taney County, Missouri
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband of: Bertie Sharp
- Birth date: 6 March 1854
- Age: 81 years, 8 months, 12 days
- Occupation: Lawyer
- Birthplace: [blank]
- Father's name: William C. Sharp
- Father's birthplace: North Carolina
- Mother's name: Delilah Neal
- Mother's birthplace: [blank]
The names of the parents of Charles Bruce Sharp of Forsyth match those of the Charles B. Sharp of Livingston County, Kentucky. Furthermore, the birth dates, also match. The conclusion reached is that the Taney County and Livingston County records refer to the same person.
1. "Missouri Death Certificates, 1910-1964,"
database with images, Missouri Digital Heritage ( http://s1.sos.mo.gov/records/archives/archivesdb/deathcertificates/ : accessed 2 August 2015); certificate image, Charles Sharp, 18 November 1935, no. 38333; citing "Missouri State Board of Health," Jefferson City. ↩
2. Livingston County, Kentucky, Will Book C:92-93, William C. Sharp will, 2 June 1884; recorded 7 April 1885; County Clerk, Smithland. [See blog post: William C. Sharp's will, 1884, Livingston Co., KY] ↩
3. 1870, US. census, Livingston County, Kentucky, population schedule, Carrsville Precinct No. 5, p. 175A (stamped), dwelling 313, family 321, William Sharp; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : downloaded 15 November 2012); citing National Archives micro-film publication M593, roll 482. [See blog post: William Sharp household, 1870 U.S. Census, Livingston Co., KY] ↩