A death certificate reported the passing of Bertie Sharp at Lakeview Rest Home, Ozark Beach Community, near Forsyth, Taney County, Missouri on 7 February 1964. Information on the certificate was supplied by Mrs. Sybil Parrish—relation unknown, and Dr. Mary King, the attending physician. An image of the certificate and commentary follow:
Image source: Missouri Digital Heritage
The attending physician, Dr. Mary King, had diagnosed Bertie's illness as "cardiac decompensation" on 1 August 1963 and had last examined her on 6 February 1964. She also considered "arterial hypertension, arteriosclerosis, senility" contributory causes of her condition.
Walter Cobb of Branson, Missouri, the funeral director, prepared her body for burial on 9 February 1964 at Snapp Cemetery in Forsyth, Missouri. Her grave marker at that cemetery is a joint marker for Charles Bruce and Bertie Sharp.
Mrs. Sybil Parrish (also residing in Forsyth, Mo.) supplied the death certificate's personal information about Bertie:
- Place of death: Lakeview Rest Home, Ozark Beach Com., Taney County, Missouri
- Marital Status: widowed
- Wife of: deceased
- Birth date: 16 August 1873
- Age: 90 years, 5 months, 21 days
- Occupation: housekeeper
- Birthplace: Benton County, Mo.
- Father's name: Stokes Gregory
- Mother's maiden name: Frances Gregory
1. "Missouri Death Certificates, 1910-1964,"
database with images, Missouri Digital Heritage (http://s1.sos.mo.gov/records/archives/archivesdb/deathcertificates/ : accessed 6 September 2015); certificate image, Bertie Sharp, 7 February 1964, no. 9252; citing "Missouri Division of Health, Department of Public Health and Welfare," Jefferson City. ↩
2. Find A Grave, database and images (http://findagrave.com : accessed 25 August 2015), memorial page for Bertie Sharp (1873-1964), Find A Grave Memorial no. 16,917,989, citing Snapp Cemetery, Forsyth, Taney County, Missouri; accompanying photograph of the face of the gravestone taken 2007 by White River Valley Historical Society. ↩